ADDITIONAL RESOURCES FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS
Below is a list of free web sites that cover a wide variety of topics. Brief descriptions are included, for your information.
1. Indiana Parent Information & Resource Center (www.fscp.org) :
2. Indiana Department of Education (www.doe.in.gov) :
This is the home page for our state department of education. From the home page there are links to a variety of excellent sites for parents and students (listed below).
- www.learnmoreindiana.org – this link includes information about preparing (early) for college and career aptitude
- www.professorgarfield.org – this link includes a wide variety of interactive learning activities for children
- www.doe.in.gov/data - this link provides detailed performance and demographic data on all public schools in
- http://dc.doe.in.gov/Standards/AcademicStandards - this link provides parents with the Indiana Academic Standards (what students in each grade should know and be able to do)
- www.doe.in.gov/publications/LearnMore.html - from this link you can download a variety of publications to help your child succeed in school and beyond
3. Web Math (www.webmath.com) :
This site provides interactive tutorials on a wide variety of math skills.
A site that offers constructive, practical ways to deal with bullies while also building self confidence.
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology offers live homework assistance in math and science.
The number is 1-877-ASK-ROSE.
The service is free, and so is the telephone call. Help is available from specially trained Rose-Hulman students during the hours of 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time) Sunday through Thursday evenings.